Financially independent VOD:socials love to watch video content, but being able to watch with someone else is essential. For this segment being able to watch whenever, wherever they want is important as they’re constantly consuming.
- VOD:Socials are big sharers, and show a definite preference for watching content with others (100% agree).
- They’re watching all types of content, ranging from short clips to longer programs or movies and they’re totally platform agnostic – they’ll go where the content is.
- They’re highly engaged with ad supported VOD services from the established broadcasters, but are happy to pay for content too to supplement their diet.
- Skewing slightly older than other segments, these consumers are celebrating their independence by investing in good quality brands that reflect them as a person. They enjoy watching ads, and often investigate new products or brands that they like the look of.
- They value being able to watch content whenever and wherever they want to; being able to watch on-the-go is important, they tend to watch content when they are bored, and they are more likely to use portable devices when they settle down in front of the TV.
- VOD:Socials are using social media a lot, and are more likely to use Twitter and Instagram than other segments. They do several different activities through social media, and engage with brands & celebs fairly regularly