Think of the Pop:socials as your established TV viewers – they’re all about popular content (big show brands, sports, soaps) and they love to watch socially. They’re slightly older, more settled, and more likely to live alone or with a partner – i.e. they’ve established themselves away from the parental home.
- They make up 18% of 16-24’s.
- They love the big screen experience when watching video content, preferring to watch at home, on the main TV (81% agree).
- They make watching content a sociable event, preferring to watch with others (59%).
- They are highly engaged with established TV channels, watching content live week by week.
- They over index for soaps, big entertainment brands (Strictly, Xfactor).
- They’re financially savvy – so althought they over-index for trying new brands, but they tend to search around for the best deal.
- They’re ad-receptive and often look up products or brands advertised on TV.