The Short:Snaps are by far our youngest skewing segment – think of these as the 16-18 year olds who are still living at home with mum and dad. Short:Snaps use video content as a quick time-filler; they use portable devices so they can watch whenever, wherever boredom strikes especially as mum and dad tend to control whats on the main TV.
- Shorter content, such as comedy clips, often provide the quick-fix they need and they sway towards free, easily accessible content on the internet. 51% say they prefer short content (<20 mins in length).
- 96% agree that the quality of free content (including ad-supported) is great and 9 in 10 are watching content through broadcaster catch up services.
- They prefer to view content alone, and living with their parents or friends means they often gravitate towards the bedroom when watching content at home.
- They use video content as a quick time-filler; they use portable devices so they can watch whenever, wherever boredom strikes. 85% agree that watching on the go is important.
- Although Short:Snaps are young, they have already developed affinity with specific brands. However, they are inquisitive about new products and brands and will make further enquiries following a good ad – typically online via reviews, or the products website.
- However, they’re not as engaged with traditional adverts as much of it is not yet relevant to them.