Think of the Solo:Selectives as financially independent, upmarket consumers who like to focus on quality content.
- They love to watch content as it airs (79% agree) and prefer the experience of watching content on a big screen at home (61%), although they prefer to watch content alone (86%) – they don’t like to be interrupted when they’ve settled down to watch their favourite content.
- Getting the full experience on a big screen is important, and they are more likely to use a TV than other devices. This is partly driven by access – they often live in their own home, possibly with a partner, and so they control what goes on the main TV set.
- They are engaged with established TV channels, and will often just turn the TV on to watch whatever content is showing.
- They are very ad-receptive. As they tend to be ambitious and somewhat image conscious, looking for the best quality brands that reflect well on them as a person. They are often on the lookout for new brands or products, meaning they engage well with advertising.
- They are much more engaged with Instagram than other segments, possibly because sharing a curated collection of personal images satisfies their ambitious and image-conscious personalities. They are also more likely to keep up with brands & celebs through social media